As a past Board President of the Allen Community Outreach, Allen’s largest non-profit, Schulmeister worked tirelessly to provide essential human and social services in our community. Schulmeister has been instrumental in enhancing the quality of life for Allen residents with expanded parks, trails and historical preservation while serving on the Board of the Allen Community Development Corporation. Through his work on the Economic Development Corporation, Schulmeister helped create strong business partnerships to bring employment opportunities to Allen while reducing the tax burden on local property owners.
“Allen is a unique and vibrant community in North Texas. Our city leaders have effectively and successfully guided us through many years of rapid population growth and expansion,” stated Schulmeister. “There have been challenges along the way, of course, and we will continue to face those. As a voice for Allen, if elected to the council I will ensure the city is careful and deliberate in its decision making while balancing the needs and concerns of all Allen residents.”
Schulmeister’s impressive record of volunteerism and community involvement uniquely qualify him to provide a voice for Allen citizens as a City Councilmember:
- Board President, Allen Community Outreach (2015-2017) and Board Member (2011 – 2015).
- Board Member, Allen Community Development Corporation (2011-2016)
- Board Member, Allen Economic Development Corporation (2016 – 2019)
- Chair of Finance Committee of Allen’s 2016 Capital Improvement Program.
- Steering Committee for Collin County Martin Luther King Jr. Appreciation Day Service, 2018 and 2019.
- Past President and current member, Allen Sunrise Rotary (2011 – present). Past Co-Chair of Allen Rotary Christmas Parade.
- Past Finance Chair and current member, First United Methodist Church Allen. (1986 – Present).
- President, Allen High School “Home Run” Booster Club in 2008. Active member 2006-2008.
Schulmeister has had a successful career in large and small businesses. In addition to leading SMB Financial Advisers – a company that provides financial direction to small and medium sized companies as well as start-ups – he also held senior financial positions at JCPenney and Belo Corporations. He holds a BBA from North Texas University and MBA from Southern Methodist University.
Schulmeister and his wife, Jeanie, first moved to Allen in 1984. Their son John is a 2008 Allen High School graduate and Allen Baseball team alum, attended Austin College then earned his Juris Doctorate at Baylor Law School. He and his wife Brooke live in Arlington and he is an assistant District Attorney for Tarrant County.
“Regardless of where my travels take me, I proudly boast that I am from Allen, Texas – a city that is unique and values quality of life for all its residents and is friendly and welcoming to its ever-growing population. It would be an honor for me to serve on the Allen City Council and help further shape the fine future of this area.”
Schulmeister is eager to meet and talk with all Allen residents. He will be attending community events and creating opportunities to meet and talk with him over the next few months. Please visit the website ChrisforAllen.org and sign up to receive occasional email updates and follow us on social media, Facebook and Instagram @ChrisforAllen, to find out about upcoming events and to learn more about his vision for Allen.